Monday, June 8, 2009

"Bing" it?

I don't think so. Pardon me for a non app and non game related post, but since I heard about Microsoft's new search engine plan, my head has been buzzing with incredulity. Are they serious? Do they really think people associate "bing" with anything other than obnoxious mid-western insurance salesmen (cf. Groundhog Day) or as the natural follower of "bada"? Perhaps Microsoft intends to resign itself to the Jersyite Italian American and Midwestern regional sales-rep audience, in which case their dreamy hi-res backdrops and gradient shaded UI elements might come off as a tad too sophisticated. If Microsoft really thinks people will say "bing-it" then, coming from Brooklyn, I have some bridge real-estate they might be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment